Still no success on the IME front.
I found "Writing non-Latin languages" (via "All Manuals") and followed the advice. I successfully installed both ibus-hangul and fcitx-hangul with all their dependencies (as well as nabi). Trisquel's manual page says: "After that, you would press Ctrl+Space to turn on specific language input methods." But nothing happens, neither on the panel nor when I'm typing in a Pluma window, neither with Super+Space nor with Ctrl+Space. "IBus Preferences" → "General" → tick "Show icon on system tray" checkbox → nothing happens. "IBus Preferences" → "Input Method" → "Add" several Russian, nothing happens; Korean still not even listed "Fcitx Configuration" → "Appearance" → see "Cannot load currently used user interface info"

I think I will find out how to do this, as I have on earlier versions of Trisquel and other GNU/Linuces, I just don't think it's obvious how to do it at all.

$ ibus-daemon with or without -v variously results in nothing happening and no new prompt appearing, or a message telling me ibus-daemon is already running, or “Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module" / (ibus-ui-gtk3:12110): IBUS-WARNING **: panel.vala:308: If you launch KDE5 on xterm, export XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP=KDE before launch KDE5. / (ibus-ui-gtk3:12110): IBUS-WARNING **: ibus_bus_call_sync: org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties.Get: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Failed: No global engine.”

And after installing "ibus-anthy" as root, I see it available ("IBus Preferences" → "Input Method" → "Add") when I open ibus-setup as root. I no longer see it when I open ibus-setup as normal user "trisquel". Instead, I get “Keyboard Input Methods (IBus Daemon) is not running. Do you wish to start it?” → Yes → “IBus has been started! If you can not use IBus, please open System Menu -> System Settings -> Language Support and set the "Keyboard Input Method" to "ibus", then log out and back in again.” Ah, I hope logging out and in will do the trick. But if I log out on this live system, won't all my installs and settings also get lost? So I'll try that when I'm done with everything else, and I might not report back here soon.