> I forgot to mention, I really like the fact that the Sound applet is now available from 'Sound and Video' in the start menu. Along similar lines, it would be great to have other frequently tweaked config applets available in the relevant menus. For example, perhaps the 'Network Connections' applet could be in 'Internet', and the Display or Screensaver applets in 'Graphics'.

I think UI tweaks are probably going to have to wait until Trisquel 10, but I don't think this should be too hard. If I understand correctly, these menu entries already exist, and you just want them to appear in an additional location. Is that right? That's easier than create a new menu entry from scratch because we don't need to worry about translations.

Speaking of the menu, for Trisquel 10 I am going to push for making [Brisk Menu][1] the new default. I wanted to do this for Trisquel 9, but until recently Brisk had a bug whereby it could not be fully navigated with the keyboard, making certain UI elements inaccessible to users who can't use a mouse. That bug was fixed recently, too late to make the change for Trisquel 9, but making it an option for Trisquel 10. I think it's a much better menu.

> Again, as long as it's possible to choose a different Sync server in the Abrowser GUI, for me that's sufficient to address the network freedom issue.

According to [this page][2], once you have a sync server running you can start using it by editing the "identity.sync.tokenserver.uri" item in about:config.

> Ideally, I'd like to see the Mozilla Sync client in Abrowser replaced with a P2P system that uses a SyncThing as the back-end. But I realize this would be a major development project in itself.

Yes, something like this is out of scope for Trisquel.

> Transmission

I suggest posting an issue [here][3] to see if upstream is open to such a change.

[1]: https://github.com/solus-project/brisk-menu

[2]: https://mozilla-services.readthedocs.io/en/latest/howtos/run-sync-1.5.html

[3]: https://github.com/transmission/transmission/issues