> Executing 'systemctl restart networking' or 'systemctl restart NetworkManager' should be enough.

Thanks. But no, neither of them did the trick. I tried both commands, first with "Enable Networking" checked and then in between unchecking and checking it, and waited for a few seconds after each try, and checked if the cable was plugged in; I'm using the same connection now, after rebooting, so I'm sure suspending and waking is to blame. It's always the same. One of the commands gave an error message, the other didn't. I forgot to copy it, will do next time.