That is not how you have come across to me. YOU HAVE USED THIS VERSE TO ENDORSE AND COMMAND DEAD BAPTISM.  YOU have done this over and over.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
If Phillips were correct, the verse shows no endorsement of dead baptism.

DAVEH:  The point I've tried to make is not that it is an endorsement, but rather it shows how some early Christians thought.....they perceived the need for baptism as part of their salvation.

I could say the Christians in my church went to the movies.  That does not endorse them.  IF some sect of Christians did this, it is not endorsed in the Bible.  AGAIN, I love for Mormons to go do this.  It wastes their time.