Sent: Friday, November 29, 2002 10:03 PM
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] "California Letter" Legalism and the Law

Michael D: Do you realize that the scriptures say that we are dead to the law? Therefore, the law can make no legitimate demands of us.

Well, duh!  I agree, if by that you mean that I cannot obtain my salvation through obeying the law (because I cannot die on the cross for my own sins!.). It still does not mean that we are free to violate the ten commandments, though, does it? Or do you go around murdering, lying, and committing adultery because you are under grace? Izzy