Perry wrote:
> I do not think that material is still around,
> so I guess without a bit of research I cannot
> quote verses on it. Besides, I am sure that
> whatever I find, you can find others that
> refute it.

I believe that the Bible leads us into truth.  When we hold to something
that is true, there will not be any verses that refute it.  If I hear
any verses that refute my understanding, I examine these verses and seek
to modify my understanding so that there would not be any contradiction
of my understanding with what the Bible teaches.  Right now, in regards
to this subject of Christian Perfection, I'm not aware of any verses
that contradict any part of my understanding in this matter.

The idea that one cannot live without sin during this lifetime is
popular in Christianity, and people will pull a few verses here and a
few verses there to make it sound like they know what they are talking
about, but I have yet to see anyone point out any teaching in the Bible
that actually teaches this.  There are many passages that teach we can
live without sin.  The problem is that this concept is so incredible a
promise that most people just choose not to believe it.

When I share verses that show that those born of God will not continue
to sin, and others cannot share a single verse to teach that those born
of God definitely will continue to sin, I think there is a problem.  You
say that you don't have any material around on this subject, but don't
you have a Bible?  How about reading it yourself?  Ask God to show you
what the passages that I have shared really mean.  After all, you will
have to give account of yourself to God and nobody else can do that for
you.  It would be kind of embarrassing to tell God on judgment day that
the material which taught you to continue to sin is no longer around.
:-)  It may very well be that you will hear, "You had a Bible and I sent
David Miller to teach you this too..."  :-)

Mat 12:36  But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall
speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.
Mat 12:37  For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words
thou shalt be condemned.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.