Dear Slade,

You wrote:"You have no proof that a Shabbat rest was NOT implemented by the followers of YHVH before it was specifically given to Yisrael. Granted, there is no proof the other way either. See the fault of your argument?"

Brother, I am not arguing. I simply stated a fact! I never attempted to argue that nobody ever observed a 7th day sabbath before Ex.16. I simply stated that no command was ever given by God requiring such of the race.

I wrote:"It is simply stated that on the 7th day God rested. Gen.2:2 No observance of the 7th day by any man is ever recorded in scripture until God commanded Israel and Israel alone to keep it as a day of rest as a sign between them and God."

You responded:"Exclusionary logic holds no water. If it did, then the only examples of sexual immorality in the New Testament is adultery and fornication, which mean it's perfectly fine to engage in intercourse with animals because it is not SPECIFICALLY mentioned in the New Testament."

Dear brother, you are arguing against an argument that I never made! In the scriptures (commonly called the "Old Testament") there are commands given to Israelites such as 7th day sabbath keeping and passover observance which are never required of people of other nations.

There are also other commands given to both Israelites and "strangers" (Gentiles). Such commands that were given in Leviticus are still valid today and are reiterated in the Book of Acts for the instruction of new covenant gentile believers.

In Leviticus 17 and 18 there are regulations regarding idolatry, eating of blood, and a wide variety of illicit sexual practices including incest, adultery, sodomy, and bestiality.

In Acts 15, the Jerusalem council was called to deal with the question of whether or not gentile believers had to be circumcised. James focused the attention of those gathered upon the writings of Moses. Moses never did require Gentiles to be circumcised. But He did apply the prohibitions of idolatry, eating of blood, and illicit sexual relations to gentiles.

As James reiterates these things, it is very clear that that he was teaching from Lev.17 and 18. He uses one word, "fornication" to include ALL of the above illicit relations. So your logic which concludes that bestiality is "perfectly fine" for new covenant gentile believers is faulty! That "strangers" of the O.T. and Gentiles of the new were to abstain from such practices because they defile those who practice them and also defile the land ios clear from Lev.17 and 18 and Acts 15.

See the letter that was written to the Gentile churches below and check out the inserted references to Leviticus and see that Israelitres AND Gentiles were given some of the same commands. (But, my point is that the commands to circumcise, to observe the 7th day sabbath and to observe the passover were NEVER given to Gentiles who were not direct physical descendants of Abraham.)

Acts 15:23 And they wrote letters by them after this manner; The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia:
24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:
25 It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul,
26 Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
27 We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.
28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;
29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols (Lev.17:8,9), and from blood (Lev.17:10-12), and from things strangled (Lev.17:13), and from fornication(all of Lev.18, see verse 23 especially): from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

I hope this answers your objections to what I wrote.

Your brother in Christ,
Bruce

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought
to answer every man."  (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org