DAVEH:  My latest post is in GREEN.......

michael douglas wrote:

Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

michael douglas wrote:

DAVEH: We believe JS was a prophet of God despite his warts, much in the same way Moses was a prophet. I've never heard anybody claim that Wesley was a prophet, but rather merely a reformer.

> Consider that a modern Wesleyan may readily repudiate much of what John
> Wesley taught. For example, a modern Wesleyan may readily reject infant
> baptism, yet infant baptism was ardently taught and commanded by John
> Wesley. On the other hand, a Mormon may not reject Joseph Smith.

DAVEH: Correct. It wouldn't make any more sense if they did, than if a Christian or Jew were to believe Moses was a false prophet.

Michael D: Gentlemen, permit me to point out to Hansen, that although Moses is undisputably a true prophet, JS has been time and again proven to be a false prophet here on TT.

DAVEH:  I respectfully disagree, Michael.

Michael D: As I expected that you would (respectfully and all....), but as I recall, JS was shown to be the one who prophesied that his wife would die, but he instead died after declaring such, while she lived on. Now, that speaks volumes for anyone to see,

DAVEH:  I don't know about that, Michael.  Let's see what he said and then compare it to what happened....Please quote the prophesy.
not so ???
Of course the LDSers cannot afford to countenance such an assertion, so they tend to offer many spurious arguments to explain away the obvious errors of JS's ways.

> Stated another way, it seems clear to many of us that despite the name
> of your church, Joseph Smith is the cornerstone of your faith. Would
> you agree?

DAVEH: No, I would not agree. Jesus is the cornerstone of our religion. JS was merely a tool in his hands.

Michael D: To the discerning eye, Dave H., neither of those comes close to being the truth.

DAVEH:  I respectfully disagree with your opinion, Michael.

--
Dave Hansen

Download Yahoo! Messenger now for a chance to WIN Robbie Williams "Live At Knebworth DVD"

--
Dave Hansen