Kevin wrote:

"In the garden Adam & Eve tried unsuccessfully, to cover their sin with "fig leaf Aprons"."

BlaineRB:  The scripture does not say the fig leaf apron was to cover their sin, but apparently was only to temporarily cover their Nakedness.

Please note the scripture as it stands, and as Kevin himself wrote it:
Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were
naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Also,  note that the coats of skins given to these two newbies were for the same purpose:
Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of
skins, and
clothed them.

The main purpose of the Mormon undergarment is to cover the nakedness and thus help preserve the modesty of individuals, male and female.

PS  How come you write so small Kevin?  I had to get out my magnifying glass to read it.  Don't you want us old guys to read your stuff?