Hi Kevin,
Unfortunately I cannot in good conscience discuss the meanings of the markings in the locations you asked about.   They obviously do have special meanings, and serve a purpose beyond covering nakedness.  The best I can do is to say they are for reminding the wearer of key gospel concepts which, if adhered to, will increase the probability of the wearer keeping the commandments of God, and thence showing his/her love for--and desire to become more like--God the Father, and his son, Jesus Christ.
Shalom,  BlaineRB

"And he is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only, but for the sins of the whole world.  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep His commandments."  1 John 2:2-3