I was not saying the fig leaf aprons actually coverered the sin. I was saying Adam & Eve  tried to cover their sin with the Aprons. I am sorry I was not clear.
You are correct God provided the true covering. My point in the original post was that LDS use a GREEN FIG LEAF APRON in the temple ceremony. As I pointed out they used to have Adam & Eve at a Altar with the Fruit of the ground on it as a lamb reposes in comfort off to the side. This was Cains offering that was REJECTED by God. Just like the modern fig leaf will be rejected by God.

Gen 4:3 Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the LORD.
Gen 4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Charles Perry Locke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The figleaf aprons DID NOT cover their sins, as you said. But sacrificing an animal to make the skin aprons DID cover their sins. That is the first example in the bible of an animal sacrifice to cover sin. This whole scenario is repeated again when Cain's sacrifice from his crop was insufficient (not pleasing to the Lord), but Able's animal sacrifice was sufficient (pleasing to the Lord).

>From: Blaine R Borrowman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Why we use temple garments
>Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 10:38:39 -0700
>
>Kevin wrote:
>
>"In the garden Adam & Eve tried unsuccessfully, to cover their sin with
>"fig leaf Aprons"."
>

>BlaineRB:  The scripture does not say the fig leaf apron was to cover
>their sin, but apparently was only to temporarily cover their Nakedness.
>
>Please note the scripture as it stands, and as Kevin himself wrote it:
>Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they
>were
>naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
>
>Also,  note that the coats of skins given to these two newbies were for
>the same purpose:
>Gen 3:21 Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of
>skins, and clothed them.
>
>The main purpose of the Mormon undergarment is to cover the nakedness and
>thus help preserve the modesty of individuals, male and female.
>
>PS  How come you write so small Kevin?  I had to get out my magnifying
>glass to read it.  Don't you want us old guys to read your stuff?

Get holiday tips for festive fun. ---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org If you do not want to receive posts from this list, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and you will be unsubscribed. If you have a friend who wants to join, tell him to send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and he will be subscribed.

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now