David, I have done all that you mentioned, including visiting the ancestral library. I was attending a trade show and conference at the Salt Palace and invited my LDS mother-in-law to share the room with me. While I "conferenced", she "genealogied". In fact, I thought it was quite unholy, an evangelical Chrstian, while walking towards Tempe Square, was approached by two Jahovah's Witnesses. Is nothing sacred? (VBG) We also had dinner on the top floor of the building next to the temple and overlooking it, as was my mother-in-law's desire.

I also took time off one of the days to ride the bus out to the Utah Lighthouse Mission. It is a Christian mission to Mormons run by two former LDS members, Gerald and Sandra Tanner. Mrs. Tanner claims to be an 8th great-grandchild of Brigham Young, and I thought to myself, why is that so special? Half of the women in the state can make that claim!

The more I have studied Mormonism, the more deeply I have become convinced of it's heretical nature, and the deceptions of JS, the heriatage of the "Temple" ceremonies, Masonry.( BTW,  I come from a family steeped in Masonic tradition...my father, both grandfathers, and two uncles were, and are, Masons. My mother was in the Eastern Star at one time many years ago, and my grandmother, after my grandfather's passing, lived in the Masonic Orphans and Widows home for while. Despite the heavy tradition, I have never been tempted to become a Mason, or have anything to do with it.)

Perry

It’s our best dial-up Internet access offer: 6 months @$9.95/month. Get it now! ---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org If you do not want to receive posts from this list, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and you will be unsubscribed. If you have a friend who wants to join, tell him to send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and he will be subscribed.