From: "irebukeu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
EXCELLENT RUN DOWN KEVIN to those with eyes to see..
Why anyone would be blinded to this beyond me.
This is evidence that the Church/Body has buried this talent of out
door, out door preaching.

Kevin:
Yes He did go out to the public and LIFT UP His voice, He did not
scream. He CRIED, He raised his voice. He was at the FEAST. Thousands
everywhere do you think it was quiet? He raised his voice right in the
middle
of the PUBLIC feast. They came for the feast. He interupted it rudely
with a
raised voice. Everything was as normal, till He STOOD up and CRIED with
a loud voice. How else could He be heard, at a feast? This was not some
solemn church service it was a FEAST! Do you know anything about
background noise & decibels? He would need to raise His voice above
the DIN of the crowd! John 7:37 "Jesus stood and cried"

Judy:
And what did he cry out Kevin?  Repent or perish?  No.. What he cried
out at that fest was "If any man is thirsty let him come to me and drink"

Kevin:
Bible: IS 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet,
and
shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins.

Judy:
The above is God's directive to the prophet Isaiah and unless you are
he, it does not pertain to you. Jesus is our example. and the following
is what the prophet wrote concerning Him:

"Behold my servant, whom I uphold, mine elect, in whom my soul
delighteth, I have put my spirit upon him, he shall bring forth judgment
to the Gentiles. He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be
heard
in the street. a bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax
shall
he not quench; he shall bring forth judgment unto truth. He shall not
fail
nor be discouraged till he have set judgment in the earth and the isles
shall wait for his law" (Isaiah 42:1-4).

SO, whose report will I/you believe???
Do we act goofy and wave underwear - or do we follow the Master?

Judy

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SCREAM? Are you trying to paint us as HYSTERICAL MANIACS?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To SCREAM is "To speak in a heated HYSTERICAL manner"
I am not some maniac SCREAMING some NONSENSE to get attention. I am
preaching the Word of God, I have points and structure and direction. I
also
tailor my messages to the crowd. Preaching a hell fire & damnation
message
to Satan worshipers is Ok while not the best for a family crowd. A
striaght
foward salvation message to a cult group presents the problem of them
reinterpreting "christian" terms to mean what the cult teaches. This is
why
I study false religions to help me use terms that have the correct
meaning,
to the crowd I am addressing. I also lift my voice so I can be heard by
all
those in a crowd. If I speak at a low volume and they do not hear, what
is
the point?

Thanks for pointing out the IS verse was written to IS..
2 Tim 3:16 ALL scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
profitable
for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in
righteousness
I quoted this verse to show how the Bible DEFINES Crying this is not BOO
HOO. We are Told Jesus STOOD & CRIED. He was lifting up his voice Jn 7:37
He
cried aloud with a little gusto. From your original post I surmissed you
were saying he never lifted His voice. Are you now modifying/qualifying
that
stand?

We NEVER scream we NEVER yell. I will admit I have gotten a little heated
time or two. We do PREACH VERY LOUD, we lift up our voices like a
TRUMPET. A
Trumpet carries a long way.  Sometimes we reserve some volumne sometimes
we
"spare not". I for one, do not need a Megaphone to be heard. There are
times
to let it rip, "spare not" and times when I preach in a soft
conversational
tone. Times when it would be inappropriate to let it rip, such as a
family
crowd, or at a bust stop. A large party crowd or a lot of background
noise
would NOT be one of the times for soft spoken. The Bible clearly says
"Spare
not"!
Mt 10:27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye
hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
If I PREACHED upon a HOUSETOP, would that be refined & dignified enough
for
you? Would it draw enough attention? I suppose that MANY would hear. the
news would come take pictures MANY would see. The POINT is GET THE WORD
OUT!
Jer 50:2 "DECLARE ye among the nations, and PUBLISH, and set up a
standard;
publish, and CONCEAL NOT"
How sad that so many HIDE their light!

Do you ever Shout for joy? Ever raise your voice for a sports event, or
your
kids at a performance? Is that screaming? Is that dignified?
MK 1:45 But he went out, and began to PUBLISH it much, and to BLAZE
ABROAD
the matter, insomuch that Jesus could no more openly enter into the city,
but was without in desert places: and they came to him from every
quarter.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
That's right, he didn't get out in public and yell and scream about
repenting or going to hell like today's Street Preachers do.

Kevin:
Bible: IS 58:1 Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a
trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob
their sins.

Judy:
The above direction was given to the prophet Isaiah - not Jesus.