----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, January 18, 2004 4:04 AM
Subject: [TruthTalk] Dean & Ruben

> From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Charles Perry Locke wrote:
> DavidH,
> I am aftraid I can't buy your presentation of 2 Sam 12:7-8 as
> a prooftext that God commanded polygamy.
>
> DAVEH:  Of course you can't buy it, Perry.......It would make
> your beliefs pretty suspect.  So when the Bible say's something
> that is a bit difficult to swallow, you have to rationalize it to a
> point where it no longer means what it implies.  Read it again
> and ask yourself how many wives David had and where/how
> did he get them along with the kingdom.....
>
> Judy:
> How did David get to be the standard for marriage?  Yes he
> took more than one wife but this was not God's will or choice
> Deuteronomy 17:14-20 tells us what God's will in the matter
> is, but Israel did not always do God's will - neither did David.
>
> Grace and Peace,
> Judy

Blaine:  Read a few lines before the actual passage being quoted, Judy, and you will see that the prophet said it was the Lord's will that David receive Saul's wives.  Saul was dead, and someone had to take care of all those women in the style they were accustomed to--who else but the upcoming King could do that?.