From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I see no contradictions in Scripture if taken at face value.

Judy:
How can you not, I find this incredulous....

DavidM:
Let me quote 1 Timothy 2 for you and then quote some Torah portions that
correspond to it.  This is pretty basic, but for some reason you seem to
be having some kind of tunnel vision that keeps you from seeing the
obvious.

1Ti 2:12  But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over
the man, but to be in silence. 1Ti 2:13  For Adam was first formed, then
Eve.

Judy:
And what does this have to do with anything relevant to us? Didn't the
prophecy in Joel and in Acts say that God's Spirit would be poured out on
ALL flesh and that both men and women would prophesy and speak in
other tongues.  How do you do all of that in silence?  Also the gifts
Christ
gave to the Church when he ascended.  Were those only for men? Are you
telling me that half the Church must be in silence and listen to the
other
half?  Give me a break.  Not only that but women were used in the early
Church - from the scriptures themselves we can find deaconesses,
teachers,
evangelists, and apostles who were female and you tell me this is not
contradictory?

DavidM:
Gen 2:20  And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air,
and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an
help meet for him.
Gen 2:21  And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he
slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead
thereof;
Gen 2:22  And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a
woman, and brought her unto the man.

1Ti 2:14  And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in
the transgression.

Judy:
Yes and what is all of the above supposed to prove in your doctrine
David?
How does this validate the idea that the woman is supposed to be
'silent'?

DavidM:
Gen 3:1  Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field
which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God
said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
Gen 3:2  And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of
the trees of the garden:
Gen 3:3  But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the
garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch
it, lest ye die.
Gen 3:4  And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
Gen 3:5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your
eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
Gen 3:6  And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and
that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one
wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her
husband with her; and he did eat.

Gen 3:17  And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the
voice of thy wife

Judy:
I hope you are not implying that Adam did the same as Abraham and
messed up by listening to the woman .. I'm kind of getting the idea that
this is what you are leading up to.

DavidM:
1Ti 2:15  Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they
continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Judy:
And how does the man get saved? He too gets saved through childbearing
since Christ the Messiah is the ONLY way to God and the man is also
fallen...

DavidM:
Gen 3:16  Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and
thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy
desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

So when Paul said in 1 Cor. 14, "as also saith the Torah," he really
meant the Torah and not the oral law of the Rabbi's.

Judy:
No DavidM, you've not proved anything here because the curse prophesied
over
the woman in Genesis 3:16 is now null and void through Christ because
Christ
has redeemed us from the curse of the law being made a curse for us, so
why
would Paul put women back under that pray tell?

Judy wrote:
> God does not want man to be "as God" to woman and usurp
> Christ's place of authority over His own servant.
> Even in the sphere of marital relations the woman is
> not to be irresponsibly submissive to her own husband;
> she was to be punished as severely as he if she submitted
> under unsuitable conditions (see Leviticus 20:18).

DavidM:
Equal punishment is always given to those under one's authority.  Look
how many died because of David's sin with Bathsheba.  If I make a poor
decision, my children suffer because they are under my authority.

Judy:
I'm not speaking of children DavidM, certainly we have a responsibility
for them.
But your wife stands or falls by her own choices, not yours.

DavidM:
The New Testament Scriptures clearly teach that the man is the head of
the woman just as Christ is the head of every man. But I would have you
know,
that THE HEAD OF EVERY MAN IS CHRIST; AND THE HEAD OF THE WOMAN
IS THE MAN; and the head of Christ is God. (1 Corinthians 11:3 KJV)

Judy:
In the sense of laying down his life for her - yes, just as Christ did
for the
Church which is his body. The man should love his wife as Christ loves
the
Church.

I wrote:
> Oh! So you do like the idea of a man being "as God"
> to his wife DavidM and you like the idea of ruling
> your household rather than being partners and joint
> heirs of the grace of God?

DavidM:
Whether I like it or not has nothing to do with it.  It is a
responsibility that the Lord puts upon husbands.  We have no choice in
the matter. Husbands answer to God for how we lead our wives.

Judy:
Should be how you serve your wife. The Lord is supposed to be
leading her.

Judy wrote:
> Hmmmm - if this is so then why did he get himself
> into such a mess to start with?

DavidM:
Because Abraham also submitted unto secular government and the secular
government had penalties for a barren wife who did not provide a way for
her husband to have children.

Judy:
How so? What secular government is this?  From what I read Abraham
left Ur of the Chaldees in obedience to God and was in transit much of
the time, I know Sarah had to lie at least twice because he was afraid of
some pagan king - was he also afraid of a secular government?

Judy wrote:
> You are still living under the law DavidM; you might
> want to learn about the new covenant/new wineskin and
> new wine in Christ.  I've been set free to serve Him
> in love and am not about to get entangled again in
> that yoke of bondage.

DavidM:
Submission to authority is not a yoke of bondage.

Judy:
Paul writes to "Stand fast in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us
free
and be not entangled again with a yoke of bondage"  We are to 'by love'
serve one another.

DavidM:
Those who understand authority and walk in subjection to authority
also understand faith and will be great in faith.

Judy:
And under whose authority was the father of faith or was that just for
Sarah?

Grace and Peace,
Judy