From: Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
DAVEH:  Hmmmmm.......Were women considered kinsmen
I suppose it may be like mankind today.....all encompassing.

Judy:
Of course, Paul calls other women fellow laborers in the
gospel so I see no problem with the word 'kinsmen'.

DAVEH:
When I read vs 7, Judy, it merely seems as though they were
in the company of the apostles, rather than equating them with
the apostles.

Judy:
Probably because you have been trained to believe that women
are not supposed to have these kinds of positions in the church
from the time you were 8yrs old and possibly before that.

DAVEH:
Is your belief in this commonly accepted in Reformed theology?

Judy:
No, I'm not into different theologies and this thing about
women permeates most of them anyway.

Judy

Judy wrote:
Not only that but women were used
in the early Church - from the scriptures themselves
we can find deaconesses, teachers, evangelists, and
apostles who were female

DAVEH:  ???  Where do we find female apostles in the Bible?

Judy:
Paul referred to a large number of servants of God, men and
women, making no distinction of sex. He described Phebe as
a ruler. He acknowledged Junia as an apostle, and distinguished
her as "of note among the apostles" (Rom 16:7)

John Chrysostom wrote in a Homily on Romans:
"Indeed to be an apostle at all is a great thing. But to be even
amongst these of note, just consider what a great econium this is.
But they were of note owing to their works, to their achievements.
Oh how great is the devotion of this woman that she should even
be counted worthy of the appellation of Apostle."

Grace and Peace,
Judy

--
Dave Hansen