----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 9:17 AM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] new revelation

Blaine did you go throught the Temple when they still had a "Protestant Preacher" who was the minion of Satan?

Blaine:  Yes--that dates me, but the answer is yes.  They seem to have changed some aspects of how the endowment is presented, however.

A Preacher that was to represent all "Protestant Preachers" who did the will of Satan?

Blaine:  Yes, that is correct.

Maybe that has colored your reaction, so that you put your spin on Perry's words.

Blaine:  That has very little to do with it.  As I said, they have changed some aspects of the presentation, for the simple reason that many Protestants' views have changed over the years somewhat--they are generally no longer so fixed in their beliefs.
If all "protestant Preachers" are puppets of Satan, as portrayed in the Temple ceremony, then he would be a liar as you have implied. "Changing the meaning" is lying. It is not OK

Blaine:  That might be true IF I believed what you say---I do not necessarily believe that all protestant preachers are pupets of satan, however.

Perry simply asked for a fair representation of this man's beliefs. Perry was not looking for a opportunity for weaseling out of the words that have been spoken.
Seems to me it is the LDS that are constantly doing the Hokey Pokey and having 6 different meanings and such rot. You can't ever get to the bottom of what they believe.

Blaine:  I think your are fundamentally in error in your characterization of we Mormons on TT.  I think this is so because you need to believe these things, or your entire foundation will crumble.

Just like the SIMPLE Yes or No questions that have NEVER been answered here on TT!

Blaine:  I have answered as simply as possible in all instances that I am aware of.  Your interpretation of what I say seems to be the problem--you put a spin on almost everything, then have the gaul to turn around and accuse us of doing the same thing.

If you believe something then stand up, say it, be a man. Do not constantly equivocate.

Blaine:  This is your usual personal attack.  I  won't reply to it lest I get into lowering myself to that level.
Charles Perry Locke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Blaine: Am I reading this as it appears, Perry--do I hear you saying let's
>give that Baptist preacher an opportunity to change the meaning of what he
>said?

No, you do not hear me correctly. You have added your spin to what I wrote.
I am saying instead of hearing only ONE side of the story, Jeff's, we should
hear from BOTH sides before deciding what was said by whom and what it
meant. If Jeff is anything like you, he may very well have put his own spin
on the story just like you put your own spin on what I wrote. Think about
it!

Perry

Scope out the new MSN Plus Internet Software — optimizes dial-up to the max!

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with s! alt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org

Do you Yahoo!?