On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:12:32 -0500 "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>[Ez:]'the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him'..

Note the future tense; comparatively, the Psalmist, K. David, does not assume that attempting righteousness generates righteousness; it is not within the immediate grasp, yet it's an unfolding (eschatological) course of life relative to renouncing sin/s (e.g., cp. Ps 51); he confidently walks with God now, being forgiven, led (to), like a sheep near/ing his shepherd (e.g.):

Ps. 23:3  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.