Judy wrote:
> The blood of lowly lambs was a temporary measure
> which never did atone for sin - it only covered
> the sin of Israel as a nation one year - they all
> looked ahead to the coming of the promised seed.

The blood of lambs, while temporary, most certainly did atone for sin.
Atonement means covering, so you contradict yourself when you say that
it never did atone for sin - it only covered the sin.

And if he bring a lamb for a sin offering, he shall bring it a female
without blemish. And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin
offering, and slay it for a sin offering in the place where they kill
the burnt offering. And the priest shall take of the blood of the sin
offering with his finger, and put it upon the horns of the altar of
burnt offering, and shall pour out all the blood thereof at the bottom
of the altar: And he shall take away all the fat thereof, as the fat of
the lamb is taken away from the sacrifice of the peace offerings; and
the priest shall burn them upon the altar, according to the offerings
made by fire unto the LORD: and the priest SHALL MAKE AN ATONEMENT FOR
HIS SIN that he hath committed, and it shall be forgiven him. (Leviticus
4:32-35 KJV)

Judy wrote:
> What basis in fact do you have for the above statement?

This is the conclusion I have come to from years of studying why God had
to be clothed with flesh.  Why did Christ become flesh?  Jesus had to
come in the likeness of sinful flesh to condemn sin in the flesh.  There
also are legal reasons for it.  The Bible teaches that Satan is the god
of this world, and he offered Jesus all the kingdoms of this world if he
would worship him.  How did Satan get all this?  By deception and
stealing.  God had the power to take it all away from him by force.  Why
become flesh?  Why suffer?  Why humble himself per Philippians 2?  The
answer comes to us when we consider the legal aspects of ownership and
authority.  Jesus had to become a man to rightful redeem man.  If you
deny that Jesus Christ became flesh of the seed of Adam, Abraham, and
David, you have a whole lot of explaining to do about why become a man
at all which was subject to the pain and misery that Jesus experienced.
Such was unnecessary if his true humanity was unnecessary.

Judy wrote:
> The blood of Adam is a contaminant and this is
> why we are in need of redemption.

On what basis in fact do you make this claim?  Does the blood of humans
prevent the Holy Ghost from indwelling us?  Do you imagine some physical
change in our blood that happens upon conversion?

Judy wrote:
> You did not answer my question re the 'virgin birth' DavidM.
> Why the need for a virgin birth if your theory is correct?

I did answer your question.  There is absolutely no need for the virgin
birth, other than it serving as a prophetic sign, like the shadow of the
sun dial moving back 10 degrees.

Judy wrote:
> The door is Jesus Himself, (you have added the word
> flesh)

Jesus is our door, but human flesh was the door by which Jesus came into
the sheepfold to lead and guide us and redeem mankind.

Judy wrote:
> ... Jesus is NOT a flesh body.

Have you not read the testimony of Scripture?

Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see;
for a spirit hath not FLESH and bones, AS YE SEE ME HAVE. And when he
had thus spoken, he shewed them his hands and his feet. And while they
yet believed not for joy, and wondered, he said unto them, Have ye here
any meat? And they gave him a piece of a broiled fish, and of an
honeycomb. And he took it, and did eat before them. (Luke 24:39-43 KJV)

For MANY DECEIVERS are entered into the world, WHO CONFESS NOT THAT
JESUS CHRIST IS COME IN THE FLESH. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
(2 John 1:7 KJV)

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.