Judy wrote:
> Jesus became flesh and yes he was called the
> son of man but he was not of the same genealogy
> as Adam ie: "But He whose descent is not counted
> from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed
> him that had the promises and without all
> contradiction the less is blessed of the better."
> (Hebrews 7:6,7).

The phrase, "whose descent is not counted from them" refers to the fact
that Melchisedec was not descended from the SONS OF LEVI.  This says
nothing about Jesus not coming from Abraham or Adam.  Why do you think
Luke spends so much time giving us the genealogy of Jesus through Mary's
line in Luke 3?

Read Heb. 2:16 again.  Jesus took on him the SEED OF ABRAHAM.

For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but HE TOOK ON HIM
THE SEED OF ABRAHAM. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made
like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high
priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins
of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is
able to succour them that are tempted. (Hebrews 2:16-18 KJV)

Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead
according to my gospel. (2 Timothy 2:8 KJV)

Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of
David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with
power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the
dead. (Romans 1:3-4 KJV)

Judy wrote:
> I do deny that Jesus Christ was of the same genetical
> seed as Adam, Abraham, and David.  Scripture reveals
> that he is the King of Salem Melchizidec to whom
> Abraham gave a tithe.
>
> Hebrews 7:16 tells us he as our Great High Priest
> is not made after the law of a carnal commandment
> but after the power of an endless life."

Read the verse just BEFORE this one.

And it is yet far more evident: for that after the SIMILITUDE of
Melchisedec there ariseth ANOTHER priest. (Hebrews 7:15 KJV)

The Scriptures do NOT teach that Melchisedec and Jesus were the same
person.  Melchisedec was a type of Christ, much like Joseph was, and
much like the passover lamb was.

Rather than belabor our discussion, please just look at the following
verse.  Doesn't it prove it once and for all that Jesus had the same
blood as the rest of humanity?

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and BLOOD, he also
himself likewise took part of the SAME. (Hebrews 2:14 KJV)

And the following verses give the context:

For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him
the seed of Abraham. Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made
like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high
priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins
of the people. For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is
able to succour them that are tempted. (Hebrews 2:16-18 KJV)

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.