In a message dated 3/11/2004 6:42:18 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

John Smithson wrote:
> II Cor 2:10  -- there you go.

I think he meant Heb. 1:3.

Actually I meant II Cor. 2:10  --  KJV translates "persons" when all other translations use something else  - "presence" for the most part, or countenance or face.

Heb 1:3 does not appear to be a good use of the word  "person."   Nature, reality, appear to be much better translations.

(I actually had a difficult time with this because I don't seem to a single copy of the King James in the house.)

David Miller's email has some good info on this subject.

Maybe I will stick with my first postulate  --  "person" is out>   I can change my mind, of course, and I intend to study this matter when I have more time.   I would prefer that Miller and Taylor do all the work, however.

John