I think Judy's answers are fine.

Judy is being sound in her faith and making her stand. Why should she bow & bend to conform to your message. Are you something special? Holy Papa?
Since she will not accept your idols, you want to appeal to the heart strings.
Your post is manipulative. She knows what she believes, get over it.

David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Judy wrote to Terry:
> I think you should search your own heart and
> be honest with yourself; what is it I have
> touched that is dear to you and that makes
> you so frustrated/angry? Could it be an
> idol?

I suppose I should leave this for the moderator to address, but being a
past moderator, I guess I cannot help but comment. :-)

Communication is a two way street. This means that to communicate, we
must both listen and share. If we only listen passively from the pew,
we have missed out on communication, and if we only speak and do not
hear, we have missed it too. I know that what Terry has shared with you
is not the first time it has been spoken to you.

Briefly, all that is being asked is for 1 Cor. 12 to be working within
you. Consider the following quote:

"But now are they many members, yet but one body. And the eye cannot say
unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I
have no need of you. Nay, much more those members of the body, which
seem to be more feeble, are necessary: And those members of the body,
which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant
honour; and our uncomely parts have more abundant comeliness. For our
comely parts have no need: but God hath tempered the body together,
having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked: That there
should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the
same care one for another. And whether one member suffer, all the
members suffer with it; or one member be honoured, all the members
rejoice with it. Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in
particular." (1 Corinthians 12:20-27 KJV)

This passage shows one member suffering with another or rejoicing with
another, depending on the state of that member. This suggests a
connection and two way communication between them. Some people practice
communication in a different way. If someone suffers, they try to lift
them up and get them out of their suffering. If someone is honored,
they try to keep them out of pride and from getting a big head about it.
The Scriptures here suggest a different way, one that involves being
empathetic and connected with the one with whom you are communicating.

It seems to me that you are being asked to hear others and attempt to
share your part with them from the perspective of having first heard
them. Most of the time, I guess I don't have too much to share with you
because you are a very knowledgeable person. I usually just amen and
appreciate what you share. Lately, I have experienced the kind of
frustration that Terry has been talking about because the points I have
shared have not been heard. The response has come back almost
mechanically, responding to certain words and phrases without really
hearing the message I was trying to communicate. This has led to the
thread getting off subject and the real point being lost.

Judy, have you ever tried to talk with someone and it was like talking
to a wall? Suppose you say something like, "the Lord really meets us in
prayer, and speaks to us, and reveals his heart to us." The person
responds with something like, "Jesus warned us about how the Pharisees
say prayers to be seen of men." Well, the response is true, but there
is a break down in communication. I think this is what has been
happening lately between many of us. It is frustrating, but we will get
over it and move on. Thank the Lord for the virtue of patience. :-)

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.

Do you Yahoo!?