DM: Just  prior to Izzy jumping in to straighten your halo (stage direction: David smiles while reading) I'd have to join the chorus of  "concern" as to your perceived tone. Lance
----- Original Message -----
From: Wm. Taylor
Sent: April 13, 2004 09:45
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Christian Perfection

John wrote  >   Even though DavidM believes in sanctification, he is not perfect and his imperfection comes to light in much of his discussion.

David responds   >   Are you saying that you have observed immorality within me because of this discussion?

David. Perhaps it is too soon to get back in the fray. If it is, please disregard this and forgive me. I think I see what John is talking about. Believe me, brother, when I say I also think it may be something which you cannot see. I am thinking that perhaps you and I are very much alike personality-wise. We share the same passion, commitment, tenacity, and to some extent, intensity. David, I truly did not write intending to hurt you. I wrote hoping to help you. But I was so on track with what I was doing, I failed to be tactful. And this is not because I didn't think I was being tactful, but because tact is something I have to work very diligently at in order to accomplish. I did not work diligently enough on this occasion. And so, what was it that hurt you, and what did my post accomplish? I hurt you, I believe, with my lack of clarity concerning our accuser. Well, that was right off the bat, then, wasn't it? Before I even got to the substance of my post, I had already hurt you. That doesn't make much sense if you're me, does it? I wanted you and everyone to read my post and get my point: this is what I am doing; this is my motive. . . Ah but because I had actually failed to be tactful, my actual motive was missed and a new pseudo-motive immerged in the mind of my readers, confusing most everyone, and hurting you and Izzy especially.

David, I want to ask you this, because it is something I have struggled with my whole life. I do not intend to hurt people, but in actuality I hurt them deeply, more than anyone -- the least of intents, doing the most harm. Is this not a moral imperfection on my part?

David, I think you are kind of like this too. Please do not be hurt by what I'm saying. I have thought not stop since yesterday and I think I'm on to something. I believe you, David, when you say that you were only asking questions. You were not intending to impugn my character. You were on track and simply asking questions, that you might learn more. I can see that now -- but I couldn't see it earlier, because it felt like an attack (please reread your last two or three posts to me and see if you can pick up on what I'm saying). Because of how I felt by what you were saying, a pseudo-motive immerged and I missed the actual intent; I missed your actual motive. In other words, I'm guilty of doing to you in yesterdays post, what you were guilty of doing to me in the preceding posts. The question is, what are we guilty of? I think the accuser, the real accuser, is picking up on whatever that quirk is of our personality type and using it to our disadvantage. And so no surprise there, right? I don't think this is necessarily a sin problem, but I do think it has moral implications. It is certainly an imperfection on my part. What do you think about this?

bill