Dogs have been considered in the same manner as by my African brother going back into
antiquity.  It is actually a strong precept from Scripture....A mother in Scripture
had a daughter possessed by a demon.  The mother sought YahShua to cast out the demon.
 Wouldn't you think that The Saviour would leap to the occasion to cast out a foul,
evil spirit?  He didn't. The Saviour told this loving mother seeking for Spiritual
relief for her daughter, "It is not meet to take the children's bread, and to cast to
dogs."

jt: The reason he didn't has nothing to do with canine beasts at all Chris. It has to
do with Covenant.  The woman was a Greek (syro-phonecian) and a "dog" in the sense
used by our Savior here describes someone who is outside the Covenant.  Healing is the
"children's" bread - that is, the children of the covenant - and not very young
believers.

Got to be careful not to add meaning that was never intended here and at the same time
denigrate man's best friend :).

PS: Your attitude toward dogs and cats is the Arkansas cultural one. My father-in-law
only kept working dogs who would keep the yard clear of varmints and didn't like cats
but if they were around they would have to work.  However, yesterday there was a
touching scene at the airport.  A young woman with what looked like a baby carrier
hanging on the front of her was meeting an elderly lady; she opened up the carrier and
a little white poodle got so excited to see the older women that it about turned
itself inside out.  That is love. People don't know how to unconditionally love like
that and this is why they are so attached to their pets. In our area they take
domestic animals to Nursing Homes as they believe it lowers the blood pressure in old
folks to stroke them. So look at what you are missing out on in Arkansas.

judyt

judyt