\o/ !HALALU Yah! \o/
Greetings in the Matchless Name of YahShua !

OK, now for some "attention to detail" in case any legitimate scientists or scholars are paying any attention ...

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Miller"
Sent: 05/13/2004 4:05 PM
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] "ad hominem"?

David M. wrote:
> Whether or not Jesus called people names is not the issue here.

cb responds:
I wasn't talkin' 'bout 'Jesus' or any specific individual.  Maybe you need a southern dictionary to know what 'y'all' means?  I only get to being specific and bring in The Saviour later in my writing.  I was addressing "y'all" in reference to "li'l ol' me" at this juncture.

> Nobody
> is telling you that you cannot call people names in other forums.  What
> we are saying is that on this e-mail list, we find name calling and ad
> hominem arguments unproductive with regards to intelligent discussion.
Your actions from my first day on TT and those of many others on this e-mail list speak much louder than your words.

> Your recent posts are a classic example, because you seem to think that
> you have added something to the conversation by calling me names.

What names have I called you besides David M. in recent posts?

> In regards to ad hominem arguments, please consider the following from
> the encyclopedia britannica.  It might help you understand it better.

My understanding on this matter is perfect.  What you have submitted is what I have been trying to tell you and this list.  You either know this and are therefore dishonest or you don't know this which relates to blindness.  That is not name calling, rather that is identifying the relevant matters.

> So the point is that instead of casting aspersions upon the character of
> list members, we want you to discuss the subject matter.

That is a non sequitur a la "Do you walk to school or do you carry your lunch?"  I do discuss the subject matter.  The problem 'round here is that I stick to the subject matter and don't go down the rabbit trails ... at least until the subject matter is addressed and concluded.  That drove folks nuts when The Saviour did it ... still does today when this servant of His does the same.

> For example,
> rather than saying that I am braggadocios

You have written inaccurately here.  I didn't say that you are braggadocios.  I referred to your braggadocio (re "attention to detail", and "the scientist in me" type of comments).  The word braggadocio is a noun identifying what you did rather than what you are.  Now if you are of the school that "one lie a liar makes" then I understand your inaccuracy in this regard.

> and that I am going to burn in
> the lake of fire,

I didn't say/write that.  Is this dishonesty on your part?  Exaggeration is a form of lying.  Perhaps you are extrapolating?  Perhaps you just don't see at all?  That would be a matter of blindness.  That relates to your comments following:

> try just telling us the manuscripts that Jahn used.
> You claimed to know what they were.  Why can't you tell us what he used?
> Did he consult Wycliffe's translation?  Why won't you answer?

I have given answer.  You are the one who has refused answer so I'm not chasing you down any rabbit trails.  Even though it seems about as futile as trying to describe color to a blind man I'll try one more time.

Jahn used ONLY manuscripts used by King Jimmy's boys.  That was my WHOLE and ONLY point.  I didn't say Jahn used ALL those used by King Jimmy's boys.  I only noted that Jahn did not use any that King Jimmy's boys didn't.  You said that is the same as Green.  Green used other manuscripts than those of King Jimmy's boys.  Do you remember early math instruction on intersecting and non-intersecting sets?  There is some intersecting between Jahn and Green re King Jimmy's boys, but Green went beyond that.  If you can't/won't see the plainness of that then I'm not going any further.

> Concerning what Jesus said to the woman, I have a few things to say.
>
> Chris wrote:
> > "Truth, Adonay, yet bitches eat of the crumbs
> > which fall from their masters' table."
> > Was that an "ad hominem" from The Saviour?  No.
> > Was that an insult from The Saviour.  Yes, and
> > one of a very degrading nature.
>
> I am going to ignore for the moment that you changed a proper word
> within Scripture into a curse word.

By bringing up this assertion of yours you have made it an issue - an accusation if you will.  Saying, "I'm going to ignore for the moment that you are ugly" is an accusation whether you pursue it or not.  Not pursuing it makes it an unfounded accusation for starters.  Have you done this because you are dishonest?  Are you blind to this?  This is not the first time.  For instance ...