Note:
Another point I forgot to make - this women got some crumbs and we who are God's
Covenant people through Christ are not even getting that these days.  Anytime you've
got to depend on food additives etc. you're not walking in Covenant blessings. In fact
you're no better off than the world out there.   judyt

Chris wrote:
> "Truth, Adonay, yet bitches eat of the crumbs
> which fall from their masters' table."
> Was that an "ad hominem" from The Saviour?  No.
> Was that an insult from The Saviour.  Yes, and
> one of a very degrading nature.

Apparently I missed this one but you've done it again. I'd throw out whatever
translation you got this out of. The woman is just acknowledging the fact that
she is outside the Covenant God has with Israel.  Why do you want to make it
something other than what it is? Jesus was not into insulting or degrading.  He
spoke the truth in love as he expects us to do.  Fact is she was not included in
the Covenant but he healed her daughter anyway because of the respect and faith
with which she approached him.

judyt