Izzy: Those are very thoughtful beliefs that everyone should consider. Some things are true, no matter what our "religious" beliefs. I especially like your #1. I wonder, how do you think adhering to them affects your eternity? Do you believe in an afterlife? If so, could you describe it?

TPW: Oh...well, in my case as an Asatru, after a long life I will die, go into the afterlife, back with my ancestors. It's the most common one. If I died in battle (not likely, but you never know), then it's to Valhalla ("The halls of the valorous" where I am to be with others who have died similar deaths.) If I die a dishonorable death, then it's to Niefelheim, similar to your concept of sheol or Gehena, but instead of heat, it's eternal ice and gloom.

How these beliefs affect me? In some respects, the essence of it is all that you do, will come back to haunt you. No matter what. Good or bad, things will come back to you. And what you have done in life, will reflect on you in death. My actions and my decisions are my only judges. I am responsible for them.

To help you understand, let me relate this story to you...

A young man came to see the shaman, to inquire about a dream "In this dream there are two wolves fighting. One is just, honorable, and takes care of his pack. The other is the exact opposite. He is vicious, angry, and murderous."

The shaman smiled, "What you have seen happens in all of us. This struggle lies within all men and women." The young man then asked "But which one of these wolves shall win this battle?"
The shaman smiled again, looked unto the horizon and said "The one that wins, is the one you feed".

Izzy: Why has death been a constant companion during your life?

TPW: Oh that? Well I would have to say no more than any other being I suppose. I have buried many of my folks and friends over my relatively short life span. That and as a hunter I have caused death (Mind you these were just deer and other game, but none of the less death anyways).

So just as there is night, there will be the day, where there is life, there will be death. The two are just there, completing each other. So when I say death has been a companion, I don't mean this in bitterness, She is a part of nature after all, would you be bitter at a rock or a tree? No, I don't think so.

TPW

Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN Premium http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought
to answer every man."  (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org