Jt:Excluding Bill, who no longer posts on TT, my examples would be drawn from David (who also no longer posts on TT), the sainted John Smithson, and Jonathan (who rarely posts on TT). Your (non) responses to their 'Scriptures" make my point.

However, I do get a kick (?) from your occasionally barbed tongue (keyboard?) as you invariably wrestle (figuratively of course) each to the ground 'til they raise the flag of surrender (exhaustion?).

Keep it up, Judy. I always look forward to your 'engagements'. How can one who has the Sword of the Spirit (the Word of God) ever lose to those who only and ever draw unceasingly on the puny  'doctrines of men' (philosophers, theologians and the like)?
----- Original Message -----
Sent: August 19, 2004 08:59
Subject: [TruthTalk] Soul & Spirit?

From: "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Jt:Your efforts and energy are to be commended, even by me (discount that by 100% for, after all it's just me). Your results exemplify what I consider to be one of the most frequent yet vacuous statements I encounter namely:If you'll just show me Scripture for that point of view...If the Scripture you show me counters (whatever) then I'll..etc.

This is not my result Lance - it is a requirement if you want to challenge what I am saying. One which you personally have never bothered with.

In the months I've been reading your responses to virtually everyone on TT I've never seen you change (when shown Scripture by anyone).

Meaning who, Bill? A lot of people post scriptures but they are not necessarily challenging something said by me. The biggest challenge I have had so far is the idea that Jesus was from the first Adam's bloodline.. and no I didn't change because this can not be proven to be so. It is in error.

Of course, this is because they've all been wrong while you, Judy (along with your mentors) have been correctamundo. What an absolutely great space to occupy!

I didn't write the scriptures and I refuse to wrest them to my own destruction or anyone elses.  Are you aware that false doctrine can bend a person's conscience and cause their blood to be on your hands if you promote it in the name of Christ?

My other point was in no sense intended to be patronizing. I do believe that you are a great mom and grandmom. To have been 'great' as these is better than to have been 'right' so, don't give it a second thought. Just walk around me and engage the others.

From: "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Jt:You acknowledged both your allegiance to and dependence upon both some time back. They've obviously mentored you extensively.

Hey if you want to put me in someone's mentoring box - there have been a long, long, list.  I like to read and I listen to tapes also so I've about run the gamut in 30yrs (from 1975 until now).  You either don't listen Lance or you think what I have to say is of no account because I have said over and over and over again on this list that the one lesson I have learned in my walk with Christ has been to put everything I read or hear taught on a BIG SHELF until the Holy Spirit shows it to me in God's Word.  Get that???  Shows it to ME.  Not Schofield, and not Dake.  ME...judyt

You don't have to get defensive about it. Most have been taught the 'doctrines of men' by someone(s). These are yours.

I find it a bit of an affront to have to say the same thing over and over and have you act like I never said it the first time Lance. This is the kind of treatment that fuelled the "woman's movement"

I do believe you to be occasionally well-intentioned. On matters personal you always are...
How patronizing Lance ...

On matters interpretive and exegetical; you're skewed by your teachers.

I have but one "teacher" who is the Spirit of Truth and when I do miss it He gets me straight - but apparently you do not accept this because "my truth is different from your truth" Am I right???

I'm most attentive when you speak of Jenna and of your daughters. These matters are both personal and universal.

Personal and universal???

We're all dealing with some things akin to these...I'm least attentive to Judy the 'teacher'

Yes, we all come from the same root and so must deal with some of the same fruit.  I find it sad that you discount so much but then that is not my problem and apparently I am not part of the answer....  At least not an answer you would be willing to receive.     jt

Sent: August 19, 2004 07:08

Lance,
The really "sad" thing is that you refuse to deal with Truth.  You must continually try to categorize, card file, etc. Why don't we agree to deal with scripture exclusively - leaving off what everyone says.  When have I ever quoted Schofield or Dake and when have you ever taken me to task for same.  You throw out these generalized criticisms that are totally irrelevant unless you can correct by scripture rather than inadvertently according to TFT.  jt
[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Linda:I do for the reasons cited:soul (philsophical), spirit (poor exegesis). Judy's is a common misapprehension on both. Judy does some great research. Judy quotes scripture extensively in an attempt to support teachings gleaned from Dake & Scofield (sadly). But, I do believe her to be well-intentioned (occasionally).

Lance, I am curious to know if you still believe that Human Beings do not have either a soul or a spirit, in spite of Judy’s Biblical evidence to the contrary. Izzy