Oh no—John is using the “essence” word now! Izzy

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 8:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Soul & Spirit?

In a message dated 8/20/2004 6:29:00 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

jt: The mere citation is no good unless you can prove what you are saying is so by the rest of scripture and you have never done this. The scriptures do not teach that "all humanity" is in Christ just by virtue of being human.

Lance has spoken of universality verses univeralism.

The difference between the two must be a response of some sort.

If we are all born with the same potential as Adam at the time of his creation (and I have been given absolutely no scripture that says he is anything but like me), then, from the very beginning, even before the so called "fall,"  God in Christ was going to be a part of the earth-to-heaven story.  That was always the case.  Christ is not the last minute solution to a problem that Adam created and passed on to all humanity.   What we do here on earth qualifies and prepares us for the next life.  What Christ did on the cross allows us to fall short of God's glorious essence (Ro 3:23) as we prepare to pass on to this life God has planned for us from the beginning   ---  and that life is going to be different from the green grass, tree bark and bad fruit of the Garden of Eden.

John