Exactly, Tim.  And the only way to enter into obedience is exactly the same way that we enter into forgiveness.  By F-a-i-t-h.  It makes me smile as I read it—what good news!!! Izzy

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of C. Tim Winkley
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 6:43 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] from O'Reilley to you

It seems to me Izzy, when someone has a misunderstanding of the beauty of God’s Law, we who love it are immediately accused of trying to find legal justification for keeping it (which gendereth to bondage).

They tout Galatians.  But the thing about Galatians that people miss is the Law came after grace.  Without Grace there is no obedience.  If we could obey on our own, what need have we of Jesus?  Jesus gave us two things on this earth, perfect obedience to the Law and he paid the penalty for our disobedience.  Could we have paid for our transgression on our own?  Of course, for the Law says that the wages of sin is death.  We could die, face judgement and be condemned and the penalty would be paid.  What Christ gave us that we possessed not was obedience.  The perfect obedient one, that was His nature.  If we accept Him and His spirit, we have a new nature, obedience.  Our Liberty is to hear God as individuals without a human go between (priest), and obey.  Indeed it is only through this new nature that we are empowered to obey.  Grace first, obedience second.

I am free now to obey.  Before I was in bondage.  I was not free to say no to addiction, fornication, lust for things, profanity, etc…

C. Tim Winkley

Aka Law Man