Slade wrote:

Good for the parents of John the B.  Does this mean that their righteousness exceeded the need for faith to be credited to them in place of their righteous failures (Ro 4:14-25)?

I find this interesting. Youâre not arguing with Tim (or me) on this point. Youâre arguing with the One who oversaw its compilation.

Of course not.    I see a certain combination of scripture as saying one thing and you see a different combination of scripture as saying something else.   Neither of us are arguing with God.

Another interesting point: the Torah was never given as an alternative to

faith. Historically, Jewish people have never believed that the keeping of commandments was a way to be granted a place in the World to Come. They [the Israelis] are Godâs Chosen People â faults and all â and theyâre âin,â as a result. The Israelis have clung to this promise in faith.

I have no idea from scripture as to why you have written the above, expecailly that last thought  --  "they're 'in' as a result."  The Jew and the Gentile are the same in the sight of God in terms of salvation's walk.    They have no special consideration in that regard.

John