On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:51:31 -0400 Terry Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Slade Henson wrote:
Paul as well. Acts 28:17

Your original observation was not about the fall of mankind Jonathan, your statement was the the only one who had ever kept the commandments was Jesus himself which was false. judyt

Actually this is how it went:
There has only been one person who ever obeyed the Torah of God: Jesus Christ.

jt: False...There is the rich young ruler who said (referring to the Commandments) "all these have I kept from my youth up" and Jesus did not confront him and call him a liar. (Luke 18:21)

And as Kay points out there are also the parents of John the Baptist, Paul, and I'm sure others if we really searched.... Now who is it who will never admit they are in error????
Terry writes:
For a change, Jonathan may not be in error Judy..The rich kid was only presented with five of the commandments.  He quite obviously did not love the Lord, his God, with all his heart, or he would have forsaken all he had to follow him.  He was a sinner, in need of a Savior.

judyt: My argument with Jonathan isn't whether or not the young man was a sinner in need of a Savior - because everyone in the house of Israel needed a Savior. it was whether he was walking in all the light he had at the time in 'keeping the commandments'  Jesus named six of them in one of the other gospels (same incident) so he was possibly walking in all the light he had at the time.

As for Paul, Kay; did he not claim to be the chief of sinners?  Jonathan wins this one hands down.

judyt: But the question is not whether or not everyone needs a Savior, of course we all need a Savior and the intent of the Law of Moses was never to take the place of the Promise.  The question was whether or not God knew what he was doing when he gave Moses his laws, statutes, and commandments.  I find it curious that so many believe this because of certain Church doctrines that teach that God gave Israel a standard they could never keep.  How crazy is that?  Doesn't God know our frame .. or did he just do this to discourage everybody and cause mankind to be even more condemned tand miserable than they were already?  Also how was it just to slay all those people in the desert and on the plain of Moab since they were just poor old sinners who were coming up short?

ALL have sinned.  ALL come up short. ALL need a savior. Try to remember that.  There will be a written test later.  Terry