David Miller asked Jonathan:
So then, are you agreeing with the idea that a person
can forsake past sin and walk blamelessly in the Lord's
commandments?

Jonathan wrote:
Tempting, but perhaps we should concentrate on the
threads already started before we move to this issue.

Aw, shucks, what a cop-out. Your answer to this question is very central to this thread. You read the passage, you interpreted it properly in concluding that the parents of John the Baptist were keeping the Torah blamelessly, but now you don't want to make any kind of general statement from this specific observation? Inquiring minds want to know. Do you think what Zachariah and Elizabeth achieved in keeping the law was just a fluke, or were they just one example among others of those who pleased God through obeying the law?

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org