Terry wrote:
Sorry, but you cannot explain that any other way than that God may favor one of His creations over another.

There is no doubt that God favors some over others. The question is why. Unfortunately, we can't seem to agree among ourselves that God favored Abraham over Abimelech in the situation of Gen. 20. Some here blame Abraham and shake the finger of shame at him, and some here praise Abimelech and declare Abimelech righteous. Yet the text clearly shows that God favored Abraham and was deathly angry toward Abimelech. I think there are reasons for that which are not explained in the text, and it is not as simple as saying that God has favorites and bends the rules for them.

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org