In a message dated 1/3/2005 7:30:08 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Iâd appreciate it if JD or Jonathan or Lance could please write in ONE CONCISE statement what they mean by âEternal Fatherhoodâ or âEternal Sonâ so we could at least decide if we agree once and for all.  I still canât fathom why they are all worked up about it.  Izzy

Although this is part philosophical,  I will offer it as an explanation.    In eternity, there is no time  --   the absense of time.   No time, no aging, no change      --     what one is in eternity is what one always has been and always will be.   He is the great I Am because there is nothing else.   If He is God   (a word, a title for many) then He is the Eternal God.    If He is the Savior,  then He is the Eternal Savior.  THERE ARE NO OTHER POSSIBLILITIES IN THE ETERNAL WORLD  (that's where we are not.)    I can live for ever    --  that has nothing to do with the statement that I am eternal.   One is true, the other is not.    THE ONLY REASON ONE IS  ETERNAL IS THAT ONE HAS  NO BEGINNING.   Many of us have no ending.   NONE of us have "no beginning"   --   just God Manifest.    I am forever a Father.  That's a fact.     God, on the other hand, is "forever" only because He is Eternal.   Everything about Him is Eternal    ----    if in fact there is no time in his world.   Everything that is happening to us, is happening in the twink of an eye twich as far as God is concerned.   There is no passage of time for Him.    His dreams, His wishes, His thoughts, His plans, His propositions,  are our reality.   For God, they have ALREADY HAPPENED.   Same difference.   That is why He is the Eternal Father and Christ is the Eternal Son.   Christ has always been our salvation   ---    there never was a time (for us) that He was not our righteousness.    Why?   Because the plans of God are facts   ----   they are written in stone, they will occur. (in a time run world, they WILL occur.)     It has been played out for us IN TIME   But the Godhead does not live in a time sphere.   If you think that weird  --   fine, but give up trying to tell me different.   I know that my world IS NOTHING LIKE HIS WORLD.    I know that I have no idea what I will be like in that next life except I will be like him   (you will find this in I John   somewhere).    You want to take the definitions for Father, Son, Judge, King and whatever  --  you want to impose the definitions of these things from your experience in our world, go ahead.   But I know that He is more different than I can say  --  therefore, the notions of Fatherhood and Sonship CANNOT be defined and understood from my experience. They HAVE  to be different and they HAVE TO BE ETERNAL.  In an Eternal realm, one without time, you cannot start AHYTHING  --  YOU JUST ARE   !!!!         "God changes not,"    BECAUSE HE CANNOT CHANGE.      "Father and Son" go directly to what he is, to his purpose, to his planing for us  -- to his care and keeping of this time worn world.   And He does it all as Father and Son to us, for us and with us.

You have your scriptures and by God I have mine  !!!!!!    You want your God to be something other than an Eternal Father and Son   --- awesome, but not for me.   Call me stupid but don't call me late at night and tell me i am wrong about this.

I Have Spoken
J David Smithson
Pastor, Bishop of Love and Idiot.

Tea anyone  ?  !   :-)