jt: It's a good thing they are not "depending on historic Christianity" Lance also that Terry is smart enough not to be trapped by a "trick question"  This "Eternal Fatherhood" comes from the same source of "historic Christianity" as the "Eternal Sonship" doctrine IMHO.  Ppl just put words together willy nilly seemingly without the wisdom of the Lord in any of it.

God was married to Israel, He was a Husband to her.  He calls Himself the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and this is how He introduced Himself to Moses at the burning bush [Ex 3:6; Matt 22:36; Mk 12:26, Lk 20:37; Ac 7:32]; they were joined by Covenant through Abraham.

God has just one Son, the ONLY begotten one with a human body who called Him Father [even though angels are referred to as sons also since He is the Father of spirits] along with many adopted children who are Born Again or born of the Spirit in Christ.  Old Covenant ppl call Him God.  We need to allow Him to define Truth rather than "historic Christianity" because they have been deceived too many times.