In a message dated 1/14/2005 2:36:26 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

jt: Romans 2:15,16 speaks of born again Gentiles that is people who were not raised under the law of Moses but who now "in Christ" do by nature (their new nature) the things required in the law with their conscience as their guide. When it accuses them they go to the sacrifice and repent.  When it excuses them, they continue on in Christ. John no human being born into the first Adam "DOES INSTINCTIVELY" the things in God's Law outside of Christ.

Judy,  The problem with this scenario is that you present the shed blood as a static reality, activated from time to time,  when we go to the altar and make such a request.    I I John 1:7,  we are told that when we walk in the light  (something that has nothing to do with personal holiness, i.e. not sinning), we have fellowship with one another and the blood of Jesus, the Son, cleanses us from our sins.      That word "cleanses" is a greek verb written in the present indicative active.   It is (the word "cleanses") has the force of activity that is without ending  --   "keeps on cleansing us."    It is this fact that gives me the phrase, "the continual flow of the blood of the Lamb."   We know that "walking in the light" cannot refer to a state of personal holiness or righteousness (read: sinlessness)  because a benefit of "walking in the light" is the continual forgiveness of sins  !!

When we might say, "walking in the light is a relatively sinless state"  --   the question is almost forced upon us,  "Well, then, why the cleansing from sin" in the same verse, in the same breath?

John