In a message dated 2/9/2005 4:52:34 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Unity with error is subversion to God
Community with error is Complicity with error
God has commanded that we identify and avoid or separate from error

A recent example of complicity, is the president of Fuller Mouw which waxes worse &worse decieving & being decieved
He is trying to build bridges to LDS thru dialog
Yet he is being used by the LDS who desparately want to be accepted as Christians AS IS to validate themselves.
His basis for acceptance and reference for doctrinal beliefs is Stephen Robinson a BYU Professor. Robinson puts forth an "unorthodox" LDS theology which soundfs good to Mouw
At the same time the GA's write off Robinson as Liberal intellectuals thereby distancing themselves from his unathorized Theology but gaining the benefit of the blessed peace of Evangelical support
A number of LDS media have quoted Mouw for support

There is no unity apart from "error."   The recent and not subtle Miller Four debackle manifest in their inability to agree (even among themselves) on a comprehensive doctrinal listing is,yet, another proof (yes, I said "proof") that unity is not based on creedal concepts.

Romans 14 and I Cor 13 are two passages of scripture written for the express purpose of showing us how to get along in the face of doctrinal and personal disagreements.  What Dr. Mouw is doing is the only true Christian response to the Mormon Church  --  at this time and with these present circumstances.   He knows full well that he does not speak for the larger Christian Church.  He has no intention of compromising what he or anyone else believes and has been very clear on that point.  More than one fellowship within the Larger Church has been accepted in spite of questionable beginnings.   More than one fellowship within the Larger Church remains in spite of skewed ideas and differing expressions of faith.  If the Miller Four cannot arrive at a doctrinally agreeable listing  --  it is little wonder that no else can either.

The fact of the matter is this  ---   we are individually servants of a Another.   The vegetarian and the holy day brother in Romans 14 WERE DOCTRINALLY WRONG  -  and you only substitute your truth for the biblical message when you (and I mean "anyone") respond by arguing that meats and special days were not "important" doctrines of the day.   Romans 14 gives us the inspired reason for accepting others as they stand in faith with Christ.   And I Cor 13 gives us sign posts as we move to align our attitude with Christ's in dealing with disagreements.

Dr. Mouw is to be honored, in my book,  in view of the fact that he seeks only a dialogue on this issue of fellowship.   He is doing what Paul did in Athens.   Nothing more and nothing less. He is clearly exemplifying the character of Christ in these matters.

JD