Are you familiar with the Doctrine of separation? Surely you must be David. I find that there is a clear COMMAND for Christians to avoid those that are in sin but also those that are in darkness. It is not a personal vendetta. It is a matter of purity. First to God's commands, and second to oneself. of course God does not want anyone to perish and he does not force anyone to believe. I think you are focused on the wrong thing. You are focused on mans relation to man. Separation has to do with zeal for the name of the Lord. It has to do with being a pure people. God wants His people to be a Pure people on the inward (sin vs holiness) & the outward. Even the appearance of evil, He never once allowed His people to associate with those outside of His Covenant Relationship. Polluted by the world and by association with it.
What is wrong with a little zeal & righteous indignation at those that do evil in the sight of the Lord? The example of men throughout the OT shows us that God blessed those that stood for God & His Righteousness

Nehemiah 13 And I came to Jerusalem, and understood of the evil that Eliashib did for Tobiah, in preparing him a chamber in the courts of the house of God. And it grieved me sore: therefore I cast forth all the household stuff to Tobiah out of the chamber.

That must have been a sight! Did he do wrong? Why did it grieve him? Not a personal vendeta but a zeal for the purity of God's House, cause him to be Grieved Sore! How about Christ Driving the money changers out not exactly Tolerant that I can see.God is lonsuffering but just because sentence against evil is not executed swiftly, does not mean God is tolerant. Longsuffering yes, tolerant no. If you sin you will pay one way or another, God does not wink at it. God is not Tolerant of Heresy, never has been!

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest... heresies, ... they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God

Back to nehemiah, All this for mixing with heathen? And I contended with them, and cursed them, and smote certain of them, and plucked off their hair, and made them swear by God, saying, Ye shall not give your daughters unto their sons, nor take their daughters unto your sons, or for yourselves.

And how about Ezra who repented for affinity with the heathen Ezra 9:14 Should we again break thy commandments, and join in affinity with the people of these abominations?

For they have taken of their daughters for themselves, and for their sons: so that the holy seed have mingled themselves with the people of those lands

Now when Ezra had prayed, and when he had confessed, weeping and casting himself down before the house of God

Many may think there is No difference But God sees a big difference between the Holy & Profane That difference IS separation from every evil way

Ez 22 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

And they shall teach my people the difference between the holy and profane, and cause them to discern between the unclean and the clean.

By joining in affinity & fellowship with Mormons Mouw has profaned the Holiness of the Lord, and shown himself a profane man.

The question is whether we should obey God or man.

Is this optional? And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them