Bill Taylor wrote:
> Young children are included in Christ's recapitulation
> of humanity and remain so until they refuse him and
> therefore that justification of life.

One argument that Paul makes for the continuing condemnation is the
observation of death.  I don't see any change after Christ's death, burial,
and resurrection in regards to humans being born into death.  Those who are
born appear to continue to be born into death in the same way that they did
prior to Christ's incarnation.  Do you see it differently?

Bill Taylor wrote:
> Hence I wrote: they are saved, whereupon
> Izzy disagreed, arguing instead that they don't
> need to be saved because they have not sinned.
> If I remember you correctly, I think you take a
> similar position.

No, I'm not comfortable with the idea that infants do not need to be saved
because they have not sinned.  I admit that I have trouble seeing how guilt
would be imputed to someone who has not sinned (Ezek. 18 supports this
view), but it seems to me that they are still born into death and are in a
state that is separated from God.  There are questions about all of this
that I am still trying to work out in my mind.  The Augustinian tradition
seems to delineate two different kinds of guilt.  I suppose I tend toward
that perspective.  There also appears to be different kinds of condemnation,
the condemnation that comes from the sin of those in authority over us
(hence, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the
third and fourth geneartion) versus the condemnation for sin committed in
ignorance versus the condemnation for sin committed wilfully and
obstinately.

If I am hearing you right, I think you do not perceive any condemnation due
to those who commit sins in ignorance.  If I am hearing you wrong on this,
please clarify.  Thanks.