On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 21:21:54 -0700 "Bill Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Judy wrote  >  Jesus layed aside his former glory so he was not on this earth as God ...

And again later she says   >   Jesus did not come here as God. He layed aside his former glory and took upon himself a body of flesh made in the likeness of men.

Judy, my friend, what does the name Emmanuel suggest to you?

jt responds: Emmanuel means "God with us" but the same scripture that calls Him Emmanuel also calls Him Everlasting Father and Prince of Peace.  All true.

Ah, yes, but does it mean as you stated, that Jesus was not here with us on earth as God? Does it mean that while he was here, he was not God with us, Emmanuel?

jt: God is a Spirit and yes Jesus did represent (complete and total obedience to) God the Father while he was here (He only did and said what He first saw the Father doing and saying) and of course they were/are One since Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. However, He was never known as Jesus the Christ before the incarnation and during the time of His earthly ministry He had layed aside the glory he had with the Father to take upon Himself our likeness and he was here on earth as Christ Jesus, Messiah, Prince of Peace and Lamb of God for the sole purpose of being slain as a sacrifice for our sin.

jt: I didn't use the word "similarity"  I used the word "likeness" which is what the Bible says.

Are you saying that you have never argued that the word "likeness" here means similar? And that you do not still believe it means this? Perhaps I have misunderstood you. :>) Please forgive me.

jt: Not that I can recall, No. I regularly make a conscious effort not to add to or take away from what is written because I want to understand what God is saying rather than what someone else thinks He said.

No problem, thank you for sharing your thoughts Bill,
Grace and Peace,
Judy