Bill had asked (for the second time): Was Jesus God with us, and if so, why did you say he "did not come here as God," and if not, why do you say he is not Emmanuel?

jt answered: Have you ever heard of "rightly dividing the Word of Truth" Bill?  One can force scripture to validate anything when they come with a strong preconceived notion.

Jesus came here as the Son of God and during His incarnation He said and did only what He first saw the Father doing and saying> He said He had no power in and of Himself and that His Father was greater than He. As for Emmanuel and God with us .. When did I say He is not Emmanuel?  Why is this a big deal? In His preincarnate state He was the Rock Who travelled with Israel in the wilderness, so He has always been God with us, and still is (see 1 Cor 10:4)

What's the problem??

BT: I was just trying to understand why you would say such things as "Jesus did not come here as God" and "... so he was not on this earth as God," that's all. And I still don't understand, for that matter, why you would say such things, but I guess it's not for me to know, so I guess it's not a problem.      Hmmmmm: Where are the thought police on this one? Bill asks, scratching his head.