Would you like a couple of instances where people's suffering made God relent in judgment and wrath?

David was suppose to die for his sin but God let him live because he repented.

Caroline

Caroline, I first of all compliment you on the fact that you at least know where to turn to find your answers—to God’s Word, and not to God’s weird.

But then I must admonish you to be careful to accept the words of the Bible as they plainly are stated.  Hate means hate.  Wrath means wrath.  Justice, love, mercy, etc. mean exactly what they say.  We can’t say wrath doesn’t mean wrath, but love does mean love.

As you stated above, “God let him live because he repented.”  God did not relent because David was suffering—He sent the suffering to effect the repentance.  And even after the repentance happened, judgment still happened also—the inevitable result of sin.  That is why, whenever I experience adversity, my first reaction is to beseech the Lord as to whether or not there is sin in my own life causing it—perhaps He is trying to provoke me to repentance.  In the absence of that, I can only assume that the Lord is  allowing the adversity to bring about a greater perfection in my character, or cause a greater good, no matter what the etiology of the adversity is (whether it is due to someone else’s sin or just circumstances in this world).  Once I have tested the spirits and bound the Evil One, and poured out my heart to God and then accepted that He has indeed allowed this adversity into my life, I can actually be joyful that He loves me enough to use me for His purposes.  This is the end effect of God’s love—His judgments as well as whatever adversities He sends/allows actually work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purposes.  Selah!

Izzy

Hebrews 12:11
All discipline for the moment seems not to be joyful, but sorrowful; yet to those who have been trained by it, afterwards it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness.