BLAINE:  I wrote the below some time ago--have not as yet seen an answer--maybe
I missed something?

Hey
Kevin, why did Jesus insist on being baptized? Answer that question
directly without trying to get the issue sidetracked, OK? (HINT: to
fulfill ALL righteousness)

Receiving an assurance of her salvation did not mean the woman in question did
not need baptism, as baptism was obviously an ordinance the Lord required of
all of his disciples. He said so Himself!!!!  Much is not included in the
Bible, so we don't have a record of this woman's actual baptism, nor the
baptisms of many other disciples.  Yet reason tells us that if baptism was
needed by the Lord of Heaven  "to fulfill all righteousness," it was needed by
this woman and ALL others, as well. I assure you, Kevin, this woman and all
other disciples who were physically able to do so were baptized.  See some (but
not all) references to the need for baptism below:

John 3:5:  "Except a man be born of the water, . . . "
John 3:22:  "After these things came Jesus and His disciples into the land of
Judea; and there He tarried with them  AND BAPTIZED."
Mark 16:15-16:  "And He (Jesus) said unto them, go ye into all the world, and
preach the gospel to every creature.  HE THAT BELIEVETH AND IS BAPTIZED SHALL
BE SAVED; BUT HE THAT BELIEVETH NOT SHALL BE DAMNED.

ETC., ETC., ETC.,

BLAINE says "I think the word was the result of a mistranslation"

Why is it that when a TT'er can't answer it is Always a problem with the
Bible???

WHOA hold on before you go all over looking for loopholes in Paradise!
WHAT OF THESE???????????????????????????????
EXAMPLES of those that were saved independent of baptism
Skip the 3 card monty stuff, answer please.

Luke 7:37-50 "Wherefore I say unto thee, Her SINS, which are many, are
FORGIVEN; for she loved much: but to whom little is FORGIVEN, the same loveth
little. And he said unto her, Thy SINS are FORGIVEN. And they that sat at meat
with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also?
And he said to the woman, Thy FAITH hath SAVED thee; go in peace."

JUST IN CASE U MISSED IT:
Jesus plainly stated that the women was immediately forgiven and was now SAVED
by faith. She knelt at the feet of Jesus, trusted Him, and went away a saved
woman. She was saved without baptism.

Luke 18:35-43 healing/conversion of a blind man. VS 42 "And Jesus said unto
him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath SAVED thee."

The publican, Luke 18:13, 14 Standing there in the Temple, he prayed saying:
"God be merciful to me a sinner," Jesus says "I tell you, this man went down to
his house JUSTIFIED!"

The thief on the cross in Luke 23:39-43 Was not baptised. One was saved that we
might have hope One was LOST that we might not presume.

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
BLAINE: Good point. I read something on that the other day--it has to do with
the word "paradise." I will have to find out where I was reading that, but I
think the word was the result of a mistranslation, and simply meant "the world
of spirits." I would not, however, pretend to judge the thief and contest that
he ended up in any place other than a good one, as I believe God is just and
takes many things into consideration. For example, what about little children
who die without baptism, as millions of third world children do? And do we
consign all Muslims to hell? Hardly. God is just, as well as merciful, and only
He can make judgements regards these cases that fall outside the Christian
view. As a Mormon Christian, I believe God has told us some things that apply
to us, but many of his judgements he reserves to Himself. Judge not (rashly),
that ye be not judged (rashly), in other words; or, "Judgement is mine," saith
the Lord.

--

"ShieldsFamily" wrote:
BTW, Blaine, maybe you covered this already, but how did the guy on the
cross next to Jesus go to Paradise if he wasn't baptized? Izzy