[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

If we are saved in spite of our sins, how is that this frequent repentor is lost or hell bound?
Real simple John.  When the same sin is a continuous part of your life, your trips to the alter are bogus.  Who is the sinner serving?  Christ, or himself?  It doesn't take a community to figure it out.  Try to remember that.  Some day there will be a test.
Terry

Also, I think it a bit humorous that one can repent too much   -----   and it is not repentance, in this case --  it is confession.   John tells us that if we keep on confessing, He is faithful and just to have forgiven.   Me thinks too much confession can be a good thing.

I do understand that the confessor might be including the act of confession in the sin cycle, but to argue that he is lost [in a final and eternal sense] goes a little over the top.  A babe in Christ, the immature Saint, the novice servant,  the carnal Christian is both saved and fully capable of making decisions that are not within the will of God.   That is what salvation by grace through faith apart from obedience to law is all about  .............  there is therefore not no condemnation.