On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 17:09:28 -0400 [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Again,  I am just amazed that you would argue this point with BT.   I know of absolutely no on who would correct BT on this : "the cross stands as that which gave them life."  .   Life as a result of the cross???  You want "evidence" of life as a result of the cross  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????    absolutely incredble.

jt: The cross ministers death JD, death to Him and death to our old man.  It was at the resurrection that Jesus became
a life-giving spirit - see the mystery of godliness.  Christ was manifest in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received into glory.

"death to the old man" means "life"  to a reasonable person.

SIMPLE.    He has reconciled all things unto Himself  (Col 1:20 and IN HIM IS LIFE, Judy Taylor, or do you now deny this!!!!).   With the cross, He has made peace   (and I see life in this peace  --  perhaps you don't).  In the body of His flesh through death [on the cross] He  is presenting us to be holy, beyond judgment and above reproach IN HIS SIGHT   -   a condition of living or life.   Heb 1:9 tells us that He tasted death for all of mankind  --  the promise, then, of life proceeds from this insurance.  HE DIED THAT WE MIGHT LIVE is the whole point of Heb 1:9.  In the comments you posted below, you quote

jt: The above is true JD but pointless without the cross in our own lives because the same principle is true and "except a grain of wheat falls to the ground and dies it abides alone".  Unless we were crucified with Him which involves reckoning the old man dead and being quickened to newness of life - we are alone.  Cross or no cross. You blaspheme the Cross dening Jesus' words  "it is finished."

If any man will come after me let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me.  Because you do not see life in "follow me" is not my problem.

jt: I don't see any life without first denying self and dealing with sin in our own lives and your sin IS your problem  Again, you blaspheme the Cross  --  arguing that His work of death did not destroy Satan.

Heb 3:14-15 tells us that it was through His death that Satan was destroyed  -- who had the power death  AND (through His death)  gave release to those who feared death unto bondage.   BECAUSE OF THE VICTORY THAT TOOK PLACE ON THE Cross, WE HAVE COMPLETE AND TOTAL VICTORY OVER HIM WHO HAD THE POWER OF DEATH   ---   LIFE, JUDY, LIFE !!!

jt: Sure hate to burst the bubble JD but Satan has not yet been destroyed.

Just quoting scripture, Judy  - kinda of word for word !!!  You want to change the wording of the Message, have at it.   I accept Heb 3:14-15  and  try to bring my theology into line with those words  -  you do not.

 He is still around so that he may try the saints to see who will stand by faith and who will not.  If you are not in the battle then you are already whipped.  The power of sin is
what has been defeated, that is, the penalty for past sin, along with the power and presence of present sin - on condition that we fall out of agreement with it.  Satan's day is coming.  Satan has no power over me  -  sorry about you.

No wonder you do not understand the gospel of Grace.   You haven't a clue as to what the cross of Christ is all about.!!!!     You might read Hebrews  -- so much of this book is about the effect of the cross on us, individually  and upon mankind as a whole.     JD