In a message dated 7/26/2005 8:57:07 P.M. Mountain Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
SEER STONES are OCCULT that is why Joe used them, along with all his other tools of the trade.
At first the stones were used to find Treasure and then he changed the story to the BoM
Blainer:  Occult simply means "hidden."  Nothing inherently wrong with that.  Seer stones depend on faith, I think, and  just because Kevin would not be able to use one to good advantage, does not mean Joseph Smith was not able to use them--all according to your faith, my man.  Joseph Smith also had the power to heal, to receive divine instruction, to see angels, to see God, etc.  Are you just jealous of his great prophetic/seer powers?    FOR EVERY HAND THAT REACHES FOR HEAVEN, TEN OTHERS REACH UP TO PULL IT DOWN.  Ever hear of that little saying?  It was also true of Jesus Christ, Abraham, Moses, even Peter, James and John--many others as well, who were seekers after the good and the true.