As I see it, Dean, there is a "salvation" that delivers us from the condemnation of the law.   When God tells us that under the NT, our sins are not accounted to us  --  He is speaking of sin as a violation of the law IMO.   I can be delivered from the curse of the law and still find myself "lost."    How is that?   In the same say the prodigal son was "lost."   Hell, in that scenario, is the pig pen   ---   a reasonable consequence of the life lived by the prodigal.   We are told that those who do not believe are dead ALREADY.        Eph 4:22-23 tells us that we are laying aside our old self (yes, he is still there but in decreasin g measure) while, at the same time,   putting on  the mind of the Spirit.    This process is called "salvation  IMO, and the end of the precess is also called "salvation."   You seem to think "salvation" is only about an event we call the new birth  ---  rather than a process of growth and activity that eventually leads us to see that God has been working all along to accomplish His will in us   (Philip. 2"12,13 and John 3:21).  Salvation from the condemnation of the Law is an event,  I suppose.  But salvation via faith and grace, bringing us to maturity IS NOT AN EVENT.     In Romans 10:10, the key word is not written in that text  --  it is "eventually."   My belief will eventually lead to righteousness at some level.  If my believing (present tense) is consistent,  I will reach some level of personal righteousness  --  eventually.    If I keep on confessing  (present tense) , a personal salvation will be the result - eventually.

JD

-----Original Message-----
From: Dean Moore <cd_moore@earthlink.net>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 10:44:10 -0400
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Re:The HEART of the matter

Sent: 10/16/2005 8:54:39 PM

Dean, what is it that one MUST believe about the Christ in order to effect one's salvation?   Is doctrinal correctness as MUST as it concerns this subject?

Jd

cd:That He is Gods only way to remove sin that we all at one time or another have committed (but do not have to do so now). Yes Doc. correctness is a must at the point for salvation. I would go farther than believe into the act of receiving this gift unto confession of sins.

Romans 10:10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation (IE. every mouth must confess)(ASV)