cd: I like that David.

> CD wrote:
> > I can also agree with the dietary but not as a law
> > for the church as Peter was told to slay and eat in
> > the vision-but the Spirit has been promoting my diet
> > to kosher-but if there are only non-kosher food
> > available I eat giving thanks to God . How would
> > you answer this statement David?
>
> Approaching the law as addressing diet is a carnal way of examining the
law.
> For example, when the law speaks about not eating swine, it is speaking
> about a spiritual issue of not associating with those who are like swine.
> We can focus on the carnal (physical) aspect or the spiritual aspect.

 cd: I see them as linked together in both spiritual and phyical-I agree
that the swine was refering to gentiles-but there is also a value in the
phyical act of not eating pork -it can kill if not cook complety-the fat
content (saturated)can lead to heart attackes-the parasites that infest
this meat is deadly...ect.  Consider viewing this as different levels of
truth ?

> CD wrote:
> > In you statement :"The material obedience to these commandments
> > are only shadows of a greater reality". Could you explain more.
> > I understand the shadow aspect-but lack insite of what you mean
> > by "material obedience'?
>
> When I speak of "material obedience," I am referring the carnal aspect of
> obeying it in an earthly, physical way rather than a spiritual way.  For
> example, not eating bacon might be a material observance, or keeping the
> seventh day as a day of rest.  These are shadows of a greater spiritual
> meaning that the law really addresses if we are spiritual enough to
> appreciate it.

cd: How can one keep the sabbath spiritual and not do it phyical? This is a
commandment in both the torah and the NT.Realizing that there are things
one must do on that day if it cannot be put off till another day?You
mentioned this before (last year) and I have considered it often to no
soultion except the commandment.
Senero: You are walking in the wood with your children and sit under a tree
to rest-looking back upon the trail that you just walked up while
considering the sights you wittinesed  and steps you took. You tell you
children to come and rest beside you- all do except your elder daughter
(sorry Christine) who knows better than to behave in this manner and
continues walking on ahead while shouting loudy, disturbing you rest, and
leading to your anxiety for her safty. Doesn't her phyical act of
disabedience effect yours -and hers- spiritual rest? The point is both are
linked. The torah places much value on the sabbath-and not once did Jesus
break the sabbath nor did Paul (ie. he claimed to be:" blamless under the
law")