2013/5/28 Bertrand Chenal <bertrand.che...@b2ck.com>

> Le Mon, 27 May 2013 20:18:16 +0200,
> Guillem Barba Domingo <guillemba...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've started to explore SAO to see if I can contribute in the
> > styling. I'm not a designer but I know CSS enough.
> >
> > Are expected contributions (codereviews) in the CSS of SAO?
>
> Hi,

Hi,
I uploaded a code review to ilustrate what I'm talking about and how I
propose to do it.

http://codereview.tryton.org/909002/

I applied some Bootstrap styles. If you (community) like it I will continue
in this way.

> We first want to have a client with minimal css. And let others provide
> custom themes.

OK, but I think there are some improvements in styling that are needed for
usability. For example, the User's menú.
And I think it's a good idea to provide a base and simple theme because it
makes the demo instance more useful for marketing purposes (some leads ask
us for web client) and it give a base to create the custom theme.
I understand that it's not the main goal (you don't assign resources to it)
so I'll try to do it.

> > I seen that currently there isn't is any specific CSS.
>
> Actually most of the widgets comes with a specific class, you can see by
> running the following line in your browser console:
>
>   $('*').each(function(pos, el){console.log($(el).attr('class'))})

Yes, I explained very bad.
The widgets has classes. What don't have classes and/or the style is poor
are the layout/structural components: header bar + user's menú, main menú
and tabs.
In my PoC I improved some of theme.
Other improvements could bé define the user's menú as a jQuery UI menu and
drop the "table-* display" property from main menú and tabs and positionate
them with floats because the display as table-* makes that these DIVs don't
fill all the height.
Without this change is hard to positionate the pagination in the bottom of
window... As is expected (IMHO).

Regards
--
Guillem Barba